Thursday 6 September 2012

Beautiful Hair Meets Gorgeous Dresses



I love finding accessories for my hair. Usually this means flowers or cute hair pins which can elevate a hair style. Well, on a recent trip to London my sister Sara and I found ourselves in Greenish where I spotted an interesting looking Boutique called Sika. I noticed it because of a striking 1950s design dress with  African print.  We went in and there were lots of lovely dresses. I knew this would be a great accessory to go with my very African hair! 


The dresses are designed by Phyllis Taylor a British Ghanaian woman who wanted to bring the beauty of traditional Ghanaian fabric into contemporary British fashion. The results are fabulous and I had to treat myself. An early birthday present...  


The dresses are 100% cotton, hand made in Ghana by professional seamstresses. The company operates a fair trade policy which supports the local Ghanaian community. 

If you ever in Greenish its worth checking the boutique out:  4 College Approach, London SE10 9HY.

Alternatively you can get one of the lovely dresses from the online store. 



   When was the last time you treated your hair? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment