Sunday 11 November 2012

Avocado & Banana Deep Conditioning




I love to nurture my hair with natural ingredients. There is no better way of doing so than by using ingredients readily available in the kitchen. Today I made a deep conditioner for my hair with a banana and an avocado that needed using.

DIY Recipe

*      One ripe avocado
*      One ripe banana
*      3 table spoons of coconut cream
*      Two table spoons of honey 
*      Two tea spoons of a avocado oil (or any other oil of your choice)

Blend the ingredients for 3 minutes or so until all ingredients are well mixed together. This mix has a thick consistency which means that it does not run down my face or neck.  Apply it to dry hair and leave it for 45 minutes. Then wash as usual.
I love this deep conditioning recipe. It leaves my hair soft and shiny for a few days. There was no need to detangle it further after the wash.  There you have it, a healthy 100% natural treatment that is easy to make and inexpensive. 

Keep loving your Afro.
Marisa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment