Thursday 22 November 2012

Protective Style Learning Curve

Simphiwe Dona

Autumn is beautiful season. It is a time to enjoy long country walks and observe wonderful changes in nature. But it also means that winter is on its way. As the weather gets progressively cooler I feel as though my hair could do with a rest. I noticed that I am less enthusiastic about styling my hair in the morning, as it is dark, raining and cold outside. Therefore I decided to challenge myself to learn a variety of style that will protect may hair during autumn and winter. I will be aiming for protective styles that can last between 5 to 7 days.
Hopefully this protective style learning curve will help me expand my repertoire of hair styles. The challenge will be to find and or adapt styles to suit my hair characteristics (fine and lacking in volume).


So I started the challenge with a 6 flat twists updo. I did not manage to get a good enough picture for the blog L. Basically the six flat twists met at the grown of my head. I then used an elastic band to keep them together and folded the ends of the hair around the elastic band and held it together with cute hair pins. I decided on this style for the week because I will attend two parties over the weekend, Friday & Saturday, so the multiple flat twists will then make a nice twist out as a base for styling my hair for the parties. 

Marisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment